This is a cold field emitter high resolution SEM (Model: JEOL 6700F SEM) that has capabilities for energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS) to perform elemental analysis. The SEM also has multiple detectors for imaging in SE mode and Back Scatter mode. In mounting samples, you are limited to a sample height of 10 mm. This system allows imaging of geometric features that are as small as 20 nm – some users can analyze features smaller than this.
Location: Maryland Hall 15 (basement level)
Contact information for training: Please contact Phil Chapman ([email protected]) in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering.
Reservations: MCP iLab reservation system (Click Here).
Manufacturer: Nanomechanics, Inc.
Capabilities and Options:
- Image geometric features down to 20 nm or smaller.
- System has EDS capabilities.
- Multiple detectors for imaging using secondary electrons and back scattered electrons.
- Acceleration Voltages: 0.5 kV to 30 kV
- Maximum Sample Height: 10 mm